Cellulite is the term given to fat deposits just below the skin, typically in the abdomen and lower pelvic region such as on the thighs. Cellulite appears in 90% of women and less for men. Besides the buttocks, thighs and legs, cellulite may appear on the abdomen and arms also.
You know how embarrassing it is to spot cellulite even through tight fitting clothes like leggings; talk more of rocking a bikini at the pool! No one loves the idea of cellulite and while there are several creams and products that claim to make them disappear, the truth is that finding the one product that’ll work for you is as hard as finding water in the dessert!
However, there are some natural remedies that can help you get rid of signs of cellulite on your body. Here are some of them:
This is one remedy that may not have a lot of scientific evidence, however, it works pretty well and it feels great and helps stimulate blood flow in the body. Here is how to do it:
• Find a good brush. Department stores, health food stores and beauty stores all stock them, or you can purchase one online. Chose a medium-firm brush that’s about the size of your palm. Make sure it has natural bristles, not synthetic ones, and a long handle. Brushes with goat, vegetable or boar bristles work well.
• Before beginning, make sure your skin and the brush are both dry.
• Gently brush from your feet up to your shoulders, focusing more on areas with the most cellulite. Remember to brush from left to right side of the body and keep the brushing movements concentrated toward the heart to encourage blood circulation.
• Do this dry brushing for about five minutes.
• Finally, shower to wash away the dead skin cells and impurities.
• Do this once daily before taking a shower for a few months or until you notice improvement in your skin texture.
When you do sweaty exercise you are not only helping stress relief and giving yourself an endorphin rush, you are also expelling toxins through your skin. It helps with the elimination of cellulite as it decreasing its appearance as time goes on.
It will also help to improve the overall appearance of your body by tightening, toning and lengthening so that even if your cellulite is there, the overall appearance of your body will be more flattering.
Mix a half cup of rougher ground coffee with a little olive oil and three tablespoons of sugar until you get a homogeneous mixture. Use this cream to rub areas affected with cellulite on the body. If you want to achieve an additional effect – rub with a cream using an abrasive sponge for the body to improve blood circulation.
Kettlebells are one hell of a workout and they are especially good for the hips, thighs, buttocks, stomach areas. You don’t believe? Do one kettlebell workout and see how your thighs feel the next day!
Increasing blood flow to these areas can help remove cellulite and kettlebells are one of the most effective ways to build muscle and burn fat (both which help minimize the appearance of cellulite).
Just as detox baths may help remove toxins that can lead to skin problems (and maybe cellulite), constantly adding toxins back to the skin in the form of chemical-laden beauty products probably doesn’t help much! If you haven’t already, try using natural options for skin care and moisturizing. Simple coconut oil will work as an all-purpose moisturizer, but if you want to get a little more sophisticated, choose moisturisers that have fewer chemicals.
Cayenne pepper is a fat-burning food. It has the ability to naturally heat up the body, increase blood circulation and boost metabolism. Plus, it helps get rid of bad skin cells and replace them with strong healthy cells.
In addition, regular consumption of cayenne pepper can help eliminate toxins from the body and reduce the appearance of cellulite in the thighs. To use:
• Add one or two teaspoons of cayenne pepper powder, one teaspoon of grated ginger and fresh-squeezed juice from one lemon to a glass of warm water and mix it well.
• Drink the cellulite detox drink once or twice daily for one or two months.